Tuesday, August 2, 2011

signing at breakfast

I have recently stumbled upon several AMAZING blogs... inspiring me to stay on top of mine a little bit more. I have found some with awesome recipes and kitchen ideas, some with crafts and mostly fun baby stuff. My mother-in-law and I have some exciting projects in the works so stay tuned.

Yesterday Kenley decided to pull out all the stops. At one point she was standing WHILE drinking from a regular cup... it only happened for a split second and when I whipped out the Flip camera of course she got shy. She also decided that the new sign for the day was "hot".... very appropriate with our weather the past couple days. She does the sign for hot while whispering "HA" (hot). toooooo funny. AND yesterday as a customer was leaving the store and she was sitting behind the counter with me in her little red chair, she waved and SAID "bye bye!"

Yesterday our new Tea Collection shipment arrived. I was in charge of going through it all and what a task that was... not because there was so much stuff but because it was SO cute, and especially the BOYS stuff. I could have grabbed one of everything for Koa... cant wait to spoil him for his birthday :)
Here is a link for their Fall '11 stuff... TOO-MUCH-CUTENESS HAPPENING!

www.teacollection.com

May I make a few other suggestions while I'm at it? ...
If you arent reading/have not read "The Help"... can you please do it?!? Im about half way through and DYING to get to the end. Its a long book but such an easy read. The movie comes out the 10th and I already know it wont do the book justice but Im still excited to see it anyway.

Next suggestion... I have a new favorite cloth diaper... Kawaii Baby 100% bamboo diaper. With all of this heat, its hard to keep a cloth diapered baby cool, but this diaper definitely does the job. Its so breathable! While I have been totally sold on the "pocket style" diaper, this one totally works for us. Combined with a "Bummis" biodegradable/flushable liner, these things are magic and Im definitely in the market for a few more.

Well today we are headed over to Orange County to escape the heat a little... and we have some party planning to do for Kenley's birthday party with all of her so-cal friends. Gavins teammates and families are nice enough to put together a little (cupcake themed per request of Mama Boudreau) celebration for her at our friend the Boudreau's GORGEOUS home out in beautiful Tustin. Pictures to come :)

stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment