Saturday, July 30, 2011

blessings are in the air

All the windows in the front room of our little house are wide open. The crickets outside are very lively tonight. There is a sleeping baby down the hall who smells like Burt's Bees "Baby Bee" and is fresh out of the bath tub. Its a perfect 75 degrees and the moon is out.
 Im waiting for Gavin to get home from the baseball showcase he is working tonight. Kenley and I walked down to the feild to see what the boys were up to and the second she saw him out on the field she was pointing and yelling "DADA!!"... no doubt he was loving it.
It was last night that I sat here realizing just HOW blessed this little family really is. We have met SO many fantastic people down here and still have so many that we love back home. We finally have a church that is a great fit for us. I have one job that I get to do from the comfort of my living room while Kenley sleeps and the other one she gets to come with me to! Tomorrow Gavin and I will be celebrating our first year of marriage and NEXT weekend Kenley will be thrown yet another birhtday party by Gavins teammates and their families. My mom is able to fly down for it and the following week my beautiful Goddaughter and her mom Molly are coming to visit. Those things alone are enough to make me wonder what I did to deserve it all! God is so good and has continually reminded us just how BLESSED we truly are. I know I use that word a lot but what else do you call getting handed all of this???? I know its not just luck.  
The highlight of my day today was coming home from work and checking the mail. I hadnt checked it in a while so there was A LOT of randomness in there along with some bills but amoungst it all, I found a "thank you" note and a "happy anniversary" card... both from Gavins teammate Eddie and his girlfriend Kaley who we had over for dinner this week. SOOO sweet.
Just feeling very loved, optomistic and grateful after today and thought I would share.
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment