Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the world didnt end... but baseball season did.

so yeah, in other words the world ended.

jusssst kidding!

Gavin had his last home series this weekend :( The season FLEW by... and I cant believe we have almost already finished out our first school year down here. As many of you know we have come to the recent desicion to keep our little family located in Riverside for the summer. Gavin is taking TWELVE units of  summer school and I will basically be working full time between NPI and Kissui. Gavin will also be playing for a summer team out of Orange County... the OC Pioneers. Sounds like we wont be having much of a "summer" afterall.
Fun weekends have been pretty few and far between, but this last one was definitely a good one. Gavin played UC Irvine at home. On Saturday Kenley and I went to San Diego for my dear friend Alexa's graduation from SDSU. While we didnt go to the actually ceremony we joined in for dinner with everyone in Old Town San Diego.... have you been there???!!!??? I am totally dragging Gavin back at some point this summer! It is so fun! Did you know that San Diego is the oldest city in California? I didnt either until this weekend, but it makes sense... I mean when you are in Old Town you are practically on the border. You really do feel like you are in Mexico! We went to this awesome little Cantina with a live mariachi (sp?) band.
Sunday Gavin had his very last home game and it was senior day. I made it a point to take lots of pictures... especially with everyone that Kenley and I have been hanging with all season. I will miss being at the ball feild with all of them..... but... they have talked me into having a little party for Kenley's first down here as well, so it looks like she will be having a little Riverside party as well!
Speaking of the birthday girl... I would LOVE to share details about her party in Napa and things I have planned but then it wouldnt be fun! Lets just say that im really looking foward to it :)
Ok sooo.... I cant quite remember the last time I worked seven days in a row but between Kissui and NPI this past week, I HAVE. It feels good to be so busy but man oh man am I tired. Not to mention my MAIN job of Kenley duties.
....... and duty calls :)

happy tuesday bloggers.
jess

1 comment:

  1. Love all your posts...cute picture of you and Kenley. Glad things are going good for you.

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete