Wednesday, May 11, 2011

sorry I'm not sorry...

I'm only kidding... kind of! I would be more apologetic about not keeping up with my blog if there were even ONE more hour in the day. Now that I am spending more time on the computer MAYBE I can promise you a blog update once a week, but not making any promises since I tried promising more posts before. Once baseball season started and I started working two jobs... things have gotten a wee bit crazy and I am just along for the ride. So thanks for bearing with us!! (seeing how my last post was MONTHS ago)...
So much has changed/happened since my last post... where do I even begin??
Lets start with what comes to mind first!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job. I dont know what else to call it other than a complete miracle. I have been there for about 2 months now and literally LOVING every second of it.
A little background about how my job came to be??................ To be quite honest, I thought that our "hardest" months down here were when we first moved in. However, that ended up not being the truth. After we came back down south after almost a month at home (during Christmas), I was really struggling with being back down here. I had gotten way to used to the idea of having friends and family around... heck, I was just enjoying the human interaction. Needless to say, the months of January and February proved to be some dark days! I was super lonely and bummed out with little incentive to do anything about it. It must have been one day the first week of March that I was flipping through the Inland Empire Family magazine and saw an article on "Kissui of Redlands: Voted Best Childrens Boutique in the Inland Empire." I was enthrawled with this magical place and simply had to see it for myself! Kenley and I made the drive one afternoon and cant seem to stay away. It was our second visit there that I had been making small talk with Jill (the owners bff) when she told me that I should really try and work there and that I COULD BRING KENLEY!!!!!!!!!
ummmmmm yes please!!!!!!! I jumped right on it, emailed the owner and was working there a week later.

Working at Kissui has literally changed everything about living down here for me. It has given me something to look foward to, a reason to get out of my pjs and into cute clothes and something fun to do with Kenley (not to mention that i am selling the crap out of this stuff!! not to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT!!)...

AND Kenley loves it as much as I do, maybe more! (prob because of everyone constantly obssessing over her haha) You wouldnt believe the reactions she gets in there. Everyone is always commenting on how good she is and cant believe she just hangs out with me like she does!
If there is one customers reaction to her that I will probably never forget it was this woman that came in with her pregnant friend a couple of weeks ago... literally... "OOOO MYYYYY WORRRRRDDDD... is she real??!!!???!!!... No im serious, she looks fake... like a doll or something. thats literally the most beautiful human being I have ever seen. Can I take her picture???......" I mean, this lady went on and on.... it was borderline embarrassing.... and the best part was her pregnant friend that she was there with to register that was getting super annoyed like "hello??? we are here for me and MY baby???" I could sense her vibe so I did the default "haha thanks!" picked up Kenley and found something else to do on the other side of the store. Really though, I have had some funny reactions to Kenley but that lady for sure took the cake. She was even better than the grandma at storytime and the guy at Target (did I blog about them? I dont remember.... both really funny though)...
ANYWAY! back to my job! seriously?? I am getting paid to do cloth diaper and baby wearing demonstrations?? while I am pretty tired of hearing my own voice by the end of the day, I really cant think of something I would rather be doing. Laura carries AMAZING merchandise and literally NOTHING just sits on the shelf. Lets just say she does CRAZY good numbers there.... and by crazy good, I dont just mean crazy good in a bad economy.... time flies because of how busy it stays, just the way I like it :)
I have met some super fun girls while working there too!!!..... which i sometimes forget was one of the main reasons why I was so excited about it in the first place. I have joined a group out of Redlands callled "Barefoot Mamas" that does a lot of promoting through Kissui... basically a group of rad moms who are all about natural parenting... who are cloth diapering, sling wearing, line drying, hippy dippying mamas like myself!! Can we just move to Redlands please???? while it is only an 18 minute drive door to door, I prefer it to Riverside X 1,000,000,000....
SO! when I said that I had two jobs I meant it!.... and thats a new development, like as-of-this-week... so "thanks Jessica for so quickly updating us on your new job!"...."why you are welcome blog followers!" haha
once the rest of the house calls it a night I sit behind this here computer screen and transcribe medical records for a practice out of Napa believe it or not! I am so happy to say that I am officially putting my hard earned transcription knowledge to work.... thanks to my fantastic fellow work-at-home-mama-friend Makayla "soon to be" Branco :))))) The two jobs should be a busy yet hopefully lucrative balance of my time.... and i WILL keep you posted on how it goes with both.
Im just trying to work hard while Gavin does the same..... to be super cheesy, he really does inspire me to work harder. He is so driven, always trying to improve and cares so much about the well-being of this little family. School, baseball and family have left him without a single moment to catch his breath and he has yet to complain., even after having a season of not as much pitching as he would have liked. While their team still has about 15 games left, it isnt looking like they will make playoffs. Gavin has kept his head up the whole season while watching inning after inning be given to older and more experienced players in the program.... and i think that I have complained about it more than he has. His positivity is a forced to be reckoned with... so the Highlanders of 2012 should be on the lookout ;)
so... OF COURSE... how would it be a "Kenley Makes Three" post without a Kenley update.
But before that, let me just say what a over-the-top first mothers day I had. My house is still full of fresh flowers, adorable cards etc. My friends and fam were so good to me, even from 500 miles away... and my new friends here were great to me as well. On actual Mothers Day... Gavin had a game. before the game, all the moms (of the players) came on the field and stood next to their son during the national anthem and their son gave them one red rose. and you better believe yours truly got dragged down there as well.... i was so against it!!!! I protested until the very last second when all of the moms MADE me come down there with them.... they kept reminding me "youre a mom too!!!!!! AND its your first mothers day, even more reason!"
I was glad I did it after all was said and done and we got some cute pictures out of it :) all in all it was a great day.... I am just so thankful I know so many great mamas... ones who I am constantly going to advice to, ones who never come off judgy or know-it-all, ones who dont care how young or old I am and realize we are all just trying to do our best at the end of the day and mostly the ones who have taught me so much with saying very little at all :) celebrating mothers day as a mother was a little sureal and I was definitely missing my own mama!
with that said!!!!!.......
 can you believe it.......CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?  
 our baby girl will be ONE in a month and a half. typing those words make it seem that much more real, but i still cant wrap my mind around it. She is just "something else" for a lack of a better description haha... it brings a goofy smile to my face when I even think about where to start about all the hilarious and amazing she is starting to do. Even in these past couple of weeks I have seen a real change in her.... and I dont just mean looks.
Since I blogged last... Kenley has 8 teeth, knows where her feet, eyes and nose are.... does the signs for more, all done, mama, daddy, bye bye, "dont like", "like", no, yes, and dog.... she does a "mean face" on command, lets seeeeee.... her hair is getting SUPER long and thick (still a sandy blonde, but I predict this is going to be pretty toe head by the end of the summer)... my guess is that she will be walking in the next month because she has just started walking along all of our furniture, and actually put a nice gash in her upper lip yesterday after pulling herself up on the coffee table :( ..... she eats like no bodys business, she dances every time she hears music (probably the funniest thing she does and now that i think about it i really need to try and capture a video of that) she holds the remote up to her ear like its a phone and starts babbling into it hahah!!!.......... AND she has completely stolen the hearts of all of the players moms at gavins games.

and on that note, to end my post.... we have had SO much fun this season at Gavins games. win or lose... they are the highlight of my weeks. we sit in the same spot (right above home plate) with the same group of parents and players girlfriends every.single.game.  I would guess that there is about 20-25 of us that make it a point to sit together every game.... and we just have a blast. Kenley gets passed around the whole game and I literally dont see her until we are ready to leave. haha not kidding! If Kissui has been the turning point of our move down here, then the AMAZING friends that I have made this ball season are the icing on the cake. I simply love them!
Where there is baseball, there are friendly, helpful, funny, kind people willing to take-in a young mama and her tater tot :)
Goodnight bloggers... until we meet again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment