Tuesday, May 17, 2011

may showers?

I shouldnt act surprised... I saw that rain was in the forecast for the desert this week but, really? Of course the one day my job requires to be outside it would rain! And of course every.single.one. of our towels is hanging out on the laudry line... I just used one of Kenley's haha.
One plus? It always smells SOOO good out when it rains here... like unreasonably good. I think it might be a combo of the smells from the botatic gardens and the citrus orchards across the street, its a very fresh floral scent... I wish I could bottle some up and post it right here ----> _________ .
Its been a relaxing morning, picking up the house, Mumford & Sons on Pandora (Im officially obsessed with them right now), had my tea, did dishes...
Meanwhile Kenley was playing in her crib, looking through her "First 100 Animals" book. (Everytime she turns the page she yells at it, trying to make the animal noises... because when I show it to her I do all the noises... ex: "the piggy says 'oink oink!!!' " haha) Anyway it got really quiet in her room and when I went to check on her she was asleep ON TOP of her little lamb. We both had a rough night sleep and im not shocked she is already back asleep. At around 2 am she was up for the second time, I still hadnt slept and so I took her in the spare bedroom and we cuddled all night in the twin bed :)



PS!... The "birthday theme" is in honor of Kenley's first birthday and will be until after she is offically ONE! ... Also, starting Kenley's 12th month (May 29) I am going to be writing her a note every day and posting it here, everyday will be a memory or thought about her first year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment