Monday, June 11, 2012

celebrate good times, c'mon...

Coming at you on a smoggy hot Monday afternoon (a year older!) after a very fun/busy weekend down here in ol' Riverside.

Kenley and Gavin and I just made our decent off of the side of Mt Rubidoux. I wanted to go earlier this morning knowing that it was supposed to be a scortcher today but Kenley let me sleep til NINE this morning... and I took full advantage.

There were lots of critters that were out and about up there this afternoon. Nothing like bounding into a full sprint to avoid a swarm of angry bees.

notice the little lizard (or "din-ah-sore" as Kenley was calling it) in the top left corner??

as for this weekend...
my birthday was so much fun, super low key and spent with some great people. Tuesday night Gavin got a group together to go to taco tuesday... there ended up being 14 of us, I felt so loved!... they even sang to me  :::embarrassing:::
my actual birthday (Friday) I spent with just Gavin and Kenley and got a quick lunch and drinks with my friend Kaley while Gavin was in class. I got some extremely sweet phone calls, cards, flowers and gifts. I feel like this birthday more than ever and the older you get, its so much less about things people do or dont get you and MORE about who takes the time to call instead of text/facebook or send a quick card etc. I try to be really good about that myself so it always means a lot to me when friends do the same. I really do have the best friends in the world... still making me feel so special from 500 miles away.
We ended the day at the drive in movies... SUPER fun and a great alternative to the movies with a two year old.

The rest of the weekend was crazy as usual. Saturday Gavin worked at the golf course from 6am-2pm and had to come right back to take a final at 3 (yes, on a Saturday). As soon as he got back we jetted out the door to get to Mae and Miles (Kissui friends) birthday party. You may remember they are the adorable brother/sister duo that Kenley hangs out with on the occassional Thursday. We honestly all had so much fun, such an awesome group of people that I am going to miss so so much. Kenley slept like a champ that night after chasing around her little friends and bouncing in the bouncy house.

Mae and Kenley


even made some new friends


slightly obsessed with this outfit I thew together :)


Straight from the birthday party we jammed on over to our friend Eddie's going away/"signing" party. For those of you who dont know, Gavin had the opportunity to play with a stellar all-star pictcher at UCR... who will now be taking his talents to the Chicago Cubs organization. Eddie signed with the Cubs on Friday and exactly a week later will be shipping out. It is such a HUGE accomplishment and I really cant think of something so awesome happening to a better person. Eddie and his girlfriend Kaley really have been our closest friends down here and have been such a huge help in so many many ways. We will truly miss them as well. It was a teary/sappy goodbye but we wish him all the very best in the world. Cant wait to see you pitch in the BIGS Eddie!



And speaking of giant accomplishments... GAVIN GRADUATES THIS WEEKEND!!!!


His family, grandparents included, are making the trek down to watch him walk the stage. Most of you know how absolutely huge this is. How fitting that it should be the day before Father's Day :)
Keep him in your thoughts and prayers during finals week!

We will also be celebrating Kenley's 2nd birthday this Sunday with a few close friends and family (since Gavins will already be here). It is a "breakfast" theme and if all goes according to plan, should be very cute.

Love, J




No comments:

Post a Comment