Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Quiet Book

The more that Kenley plays with her "Quiet Book" the more I realized I NEEDED to post pictures of it.
If you remember, I did a post right after Christmas about how Gavin's Aunt Sue, MY Aunt Sue :)... had HAND-MADE Kenley a "Quiet Book"........ This thing is seriously amazing. I must look through it once a day while in Kenley's room.

I still cant decide who loves it more... me or Kenley.

Let me explain each page starting from the top....

On the page with the potted flowers... each flower "unbuttons." Kenley has already learned how to take each flower off... now we are working on putting them back on :)

On the page next to it with the catepillar, each section of his body "snaps" off with little metal snaps. Kenley can get them off and on and loves to put the little circles in his "cocoon."... which is a tiny pocket!

The page with the tree, Aunt Sue said was the hardest... but is actually my favorite :) Under the cloud is a rainbow, under the toadstool is a frog, and you can see the flaps that uncover the ladybug and bird. The little owl is on a string and hides in a little pouch at the bottom of the tree.
The page with the barn, I accidently hid my favorite finger puppets with the barn door. There is also a pig and rooster under there. Kenley loves putting the animals on each finger and knows them all by name :)

The page next to it with the shape/color balloons has velcro on the back of each shape so that Kenley can match each balloon to the shape and color under it. Kenley is getting better at this. (for a while every color was "lellow' and now its "PIIIINNNKKK!!!!")

I LOVE the page with the doll and her clothes all hanging on a line!!! (not to mention the mini clothes-pins that hold all of the clothes up)

The page with the fish will probably be the page that Kenley will figure out last. As of right now she just likes to hide all of the fish in the pocket under the rock.... although she is counting to five right now!

Thank you so much Aunt Sue, for this timeless gift. I cant imagine the time it took but know that the hours that this little girl will spend exploring it will be tenfold the hours that it took to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment