Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the essay that got me in...

Unlike most transfer applicants to the Sonoma State Kinesiology department, I can speak from experience and say what a distinguished program it truly is. I can say this because I was a Kinesiology major at Sonoma State for almost two years. The first semester into my fourth year at Sonoma State I was forced to make the hardest decision of my college career. I was only two semesters from graduating when some family and personal issues arose causing me to make the difficult decision to take a break from school, knowing full well that I would most likely have to start the application process all over. I am happy to say that I am now in a better place than ever to get my degree in Kinesiology to pursue my career in Cardiac Rehabilitation.

Only a semester into the Kinesiology department at Sonoma State I knew I had chosen the right major. After receiving a 96% in Anatomy 101 with Dr. Nosce and being asked to help teach her lab the following semester I felt as though I had found my calling. This course in particular is what sparked my interest in Cardiac Rehabilitation, making “lifetime physical activity” the perfect concentration for me. Along with anatomy, I continued to excel in all of the classes within the major. I especially enjoyed the outside opportunities that being in the major presented. Being part of “Saturday Sidekicks” is still one of my best memories at SSU.

I feel as though I contributed well to the major while I was there and would continue to do so, should I be accepted to the program again. I genuinely enjoyed being part of class discussions, projects and extracurricular activities such as the KIN club and Saturday Sidekicks. I am greatly looking forward to being part of the Sonoma State Kinesiology department again to accomplish my academic goal.

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO proud of you Jess! So proud! I can't wait for you to come home! If you ever need any help with Kenley I am here for you 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete