Wednesday, February 29, 2012

trusting.

Good evening bloggers.

After a productive day at home I was looking to sitting down to do a blog post tonight.

Its been an eventful week so far. Our poor little babe has a nasty cold, which kept us from going to Gavins game last night (which I am secretly kind of happy about because I heard it was FREEZING).
So Kaley, Kenley and I snuggled on the couch with girl scout cookies and listened to the game on my computer. It was funny because there was about a two second delay of what we were hearing from the announcer... so we would hear the crowd cheer and THEN find out what had happened. (yes, we live THAT close to the field.) And when I heard that Gavin was going in to pitch I was tempted to run across the street real quick!

Right now Gavin is packing up to leave for Texas in the morning... although it wont require much packing as he never unpacked from being in Arizona last weekend. Im ready to be husband-less again for the weekend! At least last weekend I was in San Diego with my mom and brother (which was a BLAST by the way.)
This weekend it will just be Kenley and I. We have a few plans for the weekend and a baby shower on Sunday. The baby shower is for my friend Cherith that I met down here shortly after we moved to Riverside and had to go and move to Oregon on me! She really was my favorite mom friend down here and I was so bummed when she moved. Her good friend Amber (who doesnt have kids but I have continued to be friends with) is throwing her a shower in Redlands on Sunday. I am excited to see everyone and Kenley is excited to see Cheriths daughter Brooklynn who is exactly one month younger than Kenley. Cherith is having a little boy this time around and I have a feeling is going to give me baby fever. I am obsessed with the boy stuff at Kissui right now so I cant wait to spoil him :)

Part of the reason I needed to do a post tonight was to update everyone after the doctors appointment I had on Friday. I saw Dr. Riley again to follow up after my third round of blood tests. Everything came back in the "higher range of normal" this time, which is good enough for me. He suggested that I follow up with Dr. Sawyer and "stay away from doctors for a while." He called my DHEA the higher range of normal meaning that it will be something that they will monitor throughout my life and keep an eye on as I get older. I was thankful for this news and appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.

So with that behind us for the time being I have something else that I am requiring prayers for... and that is for one of my very best friends at home, Chelsey. With her permission of course, I am asking that everyone really be praying for her. Chelsey and I have been best friends since the 5th grade. We went to one of the private K-8th schools together in Napa and then parted ways when we went to opposite public high schools, her at Vintage High and myself at Napa High. As high school progressed and we became busy with sports, friends, boys etc and not being at the same high school we started to drift apart slowly. Looking back on it, I never thought of it that way but we definitely werent as close as we have been in the last couple of years. Even in college I always knew that no matter how frequently we talked she would always be one of my very best friends and had always been there for me.
When Chelsey found out that I was pregnant, she was so quick to be extremly supportive and has been AMAZING with Kenley ever since. She threw me the most amazing baby shower and has spoiled Kenley since the day she was born. (remember the giraffe outfit??... ya, that was Chels)
Generous is the word I think of when it comes to Chelsey. Generous, along with beautiful, humble and talented. She has one of those natural, capture-the-attention-of-the-room beauties. She is humble in that she would never tell you that by the age of 24 she had opened her own salon, while coaching the girls JV basketball team at Vintage High... not to mention her job as a waitress that she has had since high school. Despite how many things she has her hand in, she is talented at each and every one and is always so professional.
Last week my Chelsey found out that she has a rare cervical cancer that is usually found in women over the age of 65. Adnocarcinoma is the name they have given it. She was already in surgery less than a week after finding out and is awaiting more extensive results after a biopsy done during the procedure. Please help me by praying for positive results from this biopsy and a swift healing after the surgery she has already had.
The times that I have talked to Chels since all of this she has kept such mature, positive perspective on everything... and the best way I know how to describe it is "reasonable." She understands the seriousness, yet has kept an open mind and is taking all the right precautions.
Until recently, I didnt know what it was like to have your health in question... almost like nothing feels quite right when you dont. So I pray that God has His hand on Chelsey through all of this and gives her the peace that only comes through knowing and trusting Him.
I love you so much Chelsey!! I wish more than anything I could be at home with you, snuggled up watching our favorite show Cougartown and eating ice cream. Please know that there are so many people loving you and thinking of you every moment.


recreating a picture from 8th grade graduation


1 comment: