Monday, February 20, 2012

The Adventures of Kenley and June

I am currently trying to keep my mind busy while I close in on the last hour or so of my fast that I am supposed to be doing for a blood test at 2:30. I havent eaten since 8pm last night and I am starving, light headed and weak. Something I forgot to mention in my previous posts was how low my blood pressure has been in the past couple of visits to the doctor. The doctor attributed it to over-exercise and possibly all of the blood I have lost in the past 18 months. So I am giving myself a little of a break this week and definitely not working out today as I can barely lift my fingers to type.
Today they will be testing my 3 testosterone hormones, the DHEA (for a third time) and my insulin levels (hence the fast). I see Dr. Riley again on Friday to go over the results of the lab work and then we will go from there. My mom and brother will be here Friday so I am trying to look forward to that instead :)
Gavins family left this morning. We had such a fun weekend... watched lots of baseball, ate good food and crafted our lives away yesterday.
I am so excited to show what the products of our craft day were!

MEET JUNE!





I have wanted a cloth doll for Kenley for months! (ever since I saw a similar one on Etsy) She is totally into babies right now and always goes straight for her friend Mae's baby dolls whenever she is at her house!
Of course the seller on Etsy wanted for $50 for it... Patty and I were determined to make one on our own.
June (named for the month that Kenley was born)... is made entirely from scraps of quilting fabric that Patty picked up at an estate sale.





The lace on her "tush" are scraps from Patty's Grandmothers sewing collection. Patty, like myself, is a lover of all things old and vintage...and is actually starting an antique warehouse with a couple of her friends in which they are renting out corners of space to vendors to sell their vintage finds and hand-made creations. It should be up and running in March. She brought pictures and it is in the awesome building right in the heart of Cloverdale. I cant WAIT to see it.



Anyway we worked all day on June and her friend "Chloe Cumulus".... (if you dont get the name, "cumulus" is a type of cloud)





Kenley already has been carrying the two of them around and tucks baby June into her "bed" that Grandma Patty brought (also an estate sale find.)




My plan is to take pictures of Kenley with June throughout her childhood and make a hard-bound book. "The Adventures of Kenley and June"...

There are lots of baby dolls out there but Kenley needed the perfect one :)

...and in the mean time Grandma Patty is going to making "outfits" for June and possibly one to match an outfit of Kenley's.

Thank you Grandma Patty for making our vision come to life xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the doll you made...i'll probably be copying it soon (i love to sew :) & i have to say that i've never seen a stuffed cloud to go along with a little girls doll but i think it's adorable too (and it made me laugh. haha!

    ReplyDelete