Wednesday, September 7, 2011

being hollywood...

This is my first post since making my blog private again so if you are still reading, thanks!

We had a very exciting day yesterday so I (of course) needed to tell my loyal blog readers all about it.

First of all I just wanted to share about my first experience in a live audience. My friend Kaley and I had the pleasure of attended a taping for Chelsea Handler's show Chelsea Lately. It was AMAZING. (Minus the part where we stood outside in line for two hours in the 90 degree heat waiting to get in.... although I would do it again)... She is even funnier and more adorable in person.

More than anything it was SO interesting to see what goes into taping a show like that... we were told WHEN and HOW to laugh... how funny is that??

She was very serious in between takes, read her cards and when she was back on camera she was able to "turn it right back on." ... Needless to say she is very good at what she does.

The funniest part of the whole thing was when she couldnt get the name of Gloria Estafan's new album right. She had to do the same take THREE times and by the third time she was letting some F bombs fly. The lady has zero filter (which she is very famous for)... and I love that about her. Gloria Estafan even said "You are my alter-ego.. You say all the things I am thinking but am too nice to say."

Chelsea's response... "Yeah and then people talk about what a bitch you are and you kind of have to be ok with that!" hahaha.... LOVE HER!!

The other bonus of the taping was an extra guest we didnt know was going to be there whom she did an interview with... James Marsden! (the cutie from 27 Dresses)... he was SO funny and super cute.

After the taping we went to downtown LA and had the ultimate tourism day... I had never seen the Hollywood stars walk of fame!! and it was SOOOOO COOOL!!!!

How lame am I that the hand prints that I freaked out the most over were Jack Lemmons? Kaley goes... "ummm who is that?" hahaah!!!

If you dont know who Jack Lemmon is, thats because he was a star of the 60's... (didnt a do a mention in my previous post about how I was born a couple generations too late?)... anyway, he is the star of my favorite movie since I was about 11 years old... "The Great Race".... a film from 1965.... yes, 1965.
If you have never seen this movie, please do. I cant even describe it properly.





All in all, it was such a fun day... I can think of a couple people who are going to laugh when I say that every day that we are down here I start to like southern California more and more. And I can think of a couple people that would be pretty sad when I say that I could see us staying down here for a while. but who knows?!?...

So speaking of movie stars... our day took an interesting turn when I opened my email to find a very interesting message from a boutique that I had submitted Kenleys photo to.




I have NO idea how it is even possible that I could have somehow birthed a baby model... but Im just going to go with it! haha

I dont really know what to expect that this point and am still a teeny bit hesitant. I dont want to force her into anything and I just hope that they are good with her. I cant put my finger on one specific thing that I am worried about, but hope that it all goes well. More than anything I am just REALLY interested to see what it will be all about... and EXCITED!!


Not only do I get to go home for the weekend but I think this actually might be really fun!! My friends Allie, Kaley and I are going to drive up as soon as I get out of work on Friday and make to Napa by late Friday night.:::girls roadtrip!::::: By the end of today I should find out where and when the shoot is and we will make our way to wherever that ends up being! By Sunday we will be back on the road again to get Kaley home in time for work Monday morning.

It will be a short little, spur of the moment trip home but I am really looking foward to it and am just trying to keep in mind that we will be back up in a couple of weeks!

I will keep everyone posted as to how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,

    Looks like a fun day! See...you can be a "fun" mom! Hope things go well with Kenley in the photo shoot. She is absolutely adorable. I love checking in to see how things are going and getting the usual update!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete