Wednesday, September 14, 2011

anybody out there?!?

Im seeing my stats on how many times my page gets a hit per day and I feel like I am blogging to an empty room again... will everyone do me a favor and comment on this post when you read it?? Just curious as to who is still following. Cmon dont be shy....

Just wanted to update everyone on Kenleys modeling debut.

It could not have gone better... and was very much worth the weekend drive. We were even able to stay an extra day. The whole thing FLEW by as usual but it was so fun. It wasnt AS hard to leave knowing that we will be back in a few weeks...

The shoot was at an old school out in Sebastapol. The school has been closed for YEARS and the desk that Kenley is standing on in her photos is from inside! The lighting was beautiful, the photographer was great, all of the kids were GORGEOUS and Kenley did amazing. It was perfect weather and seriously just so peaceful out there. Kenley got to KEEP her outfit she modeled, we get a free 8 x 10 of the best shot and she will be on display in the Fall 11 spread in their stores in Santa Rosa and Healdsburg!... So excited that we will be up soon and get to check out the displays in person!!!



Beautiful photo isnt it??... I cant wait to share the rest once I get to see them :)

On another note...

 ...as of next week we will have been in Riverside for a YEAR! Thats just crazy to me. I remember thinking how slow it was going at first and now it has FLOWN by.  The first time we came home since the big move was at Thanksgiving. We landed at SFO and I began to ball by eyes out at the first sight of the Golden Gate Bridge... the guy next to me was so confused.... "Im sorry! Im just really homesick!"

Every single time we pull into town I wonder how I ever gather the strength to leave again. I think this time it was knowing we would be back soon but its never easy. Its a GIVEN that I love the time I get to spend with my family when I am home (which I got to do a lot of this trip)... However having the company of my beautiful, accomplished hard-working CARING friends has began to mean so much more to me. I am so serious when I say that I really have began to appreciate that time more. My friends are truly such a blessing from God... and as much I would love to spend every waking moment with them I have just learned to appreciate the time we do have and have something to look foward to the next time. We are each so busy with our own lives but when we do get together its like we never missed a beat.

And just when I think life couldnt get any better... I get to come home to my wonderful husband who had the house clean, a new bed set up in our spare room AND had been working at the golf course the whole time we were gone. When I come back, I get to work at not one but TWO jobs that I absolutely love... (we drove home at 4 am on Tuesday morning so I had enough time to get to Kissui at 1)

Lots of cute new fall stuff at Kissui and cant wait to have my favorite cloth diapers there soon.

Dont forget to tell me you were here.

Love,

J

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I was here! Love keeping up on your cute little family! Glad things are going so well for you. I think of you often.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess!
    Im here! I check everyday to see how that wonderful little family of mine is doing. I appreciate you blogging so so much because i love to watch Kenley grow and see what amazing parents you and Gav are.
    Love all of you for the bottom of my heart! cant wait to see you!

    Love,
    Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm here! of course...
    love and miss you guys jess
    and love catching up on your life on here!
    i knew that baby would be a model... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess,

    Just love reading your blog and being encouraged by reading it! Love your positive attitude and love of life, your family and the Lord! Thank you for sharing such great pics of your sweet Kenley, the most beautiful one year old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love logging in and reading about your little family. I am so proud of you three. The love I see from your relationship always gives me cheer. Having been able to get to know you has been a blessing. Keep up the good work and enjoy your surroundings. My love and hugs to all. Lori and family

    ReplyDelete