Wednesday, November 16, 2011

UCR baseball family

I know what you must be thinking... TWO posts in one week?? I barely manage to get ONE in.

But I just had to share something that is really special to me!

Last night was the second game of Gavins "Fall World Series." Basically the team is divided in two (chosen by Gavin and the other seniors) and they play a three game scrimage against each other. It was FREEZING at the feild. But SO good to be back! I remember blogging when the season ended and realzing just how much I would miss going to the games. After the third game of the series today they wont practice again (besides on their own) until we get back from Christmas break.

I sincerly LOVE the friends that UCR baseball has provided for our little family. Some of the parents, girlfriends, families we dont see besides the game (and we love them too) but others have taken us in as their own.

Last night made me realize just how hard it will be this season between chasing Kenley around on those VERY frightening bleachers, foul balls and trying to keep her warm. Not that I wont have TONS of help. She went from person to person last night and after everyone got their turn with her, they were still willing to walk around with her so I could take a little bit of a break and watch the game. Everyone is SO good with her.

While I havent been so fond of Riverside itself, I cant imagine Gavin being in any other program. I adore these families and cant thank them enough for being so endearing.

go highlanders,

Jess


1 comment:

  1. We LOVE you three so much. I will miss being at the games with you. Go Highlanders!!! Gavin I hope this season is your best! We love you.Carrico-Emmons family

    ReplyDelete