Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful...

Just a quick post a couple minutes before midnight, making it officially Thanksgiving.

It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine when people call it "Turkey Day."

God forbid we should take a moment to relfect on the things that we THANKful for.

So I had to do just that.

It does feel a little weird that I wont be spending the day with my own family tomorrow but I am so THANKful that Gavin's mom and brother drove down to spend the holiday with us. We had a great time hitting all the local thrift stores today. They are so easy and fun to be around and I geniunely could not have married into a better family. So I am starting my post by being thankful for my in-laws... I bet not too many bloggers can say that! haha

Next, I am thankful for the fact that we have FRIENDS in Riverside this Thanksgiving. I cant help but remember how DESPERATE for company I was down here at this exact time last year. Thanksgiving was the first time we had come home after the big move and I remember dreading everyone asking me how it was going down here and how I was liking it. I remember getting ready to land at SFO and spotting the Golden Gate Bridge through the fog and just balling my eyes out. Its crazy to think that I was totally content staying down here this year and celebrating with some GREAT people that I absolutely adore. (Our friends the Weakly's have invited us over to share in their families fesitivites.)

Sounds very generic but I am most thankful for my immediate little family. The overwhelming gratefulness that I have for Gavin and Kenley is more than I can describe..... I sit here not knowing what else to say about that because it leaves me speechless. I thank God every day for blessing me with those two.

I am thankful for our little shack, which is so much more than some people have. This little place has been so perfect for our family and I have grown to love it.

I will end with being thankful for a God who continually amazes me with the many blessings that my family and I have been given. I am so thankful for His grace. Whenever I worry about the future, or even the present, I give THANKS knowing that He has huge plans for us!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment