Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Addie

this is the first post from my iPhone! So far the blogger app seems to work pretty well but I'll definitely be double checking this on my laptop after :)
Being able to do a quick post from my phone I'm hoping will come in handy.
I know I say that I started this blog as a way to keep everyone at home in the loop during our adventure in so cal but I'm blessed enough to say that we have met a handful of amazing people down here as well that I know have been reading along too.
I plan on keeping this going as a way to keep track of Kenley and her many milestones. I know this will be so fun to look back on.
As we close in on our final weeks down here I can't help but think about how much a will miss our little shack. As much as I have probably complained about it, it was our first home together and where Kenley went from baby to toddler. It will always have a special place in my heart because of that.
Every day I've done my best to pack up one closet or room or space... Just so it isn't as crazy at the end.
I'm coming across so many odds and ends.... And I do have to say it feels so good to get rid of some of this stuff. One of the great parts about moving!
I also have to say that one of the things I am looking forward to the most about moving home is spending time with my beautiful Goddaughter Addie. When her mom (my friend Molly) asked me to be her Godmother, it was one of the biggest honors I have ever been given. In some ways I feel like I have let them both down by being down here and not being able to stay in touch as well as I would have liked. As a single mother, I know Molly understands better than anyone what life has been like down here and will hopefully cut me some slack :)
But I honestly can't wait to see Addie and Kenley interact and become friends. The two of them remind me so much of each other!!
Anyway... the countdown is on and there is so much to look forward to.
I need to be granted some serious patience to make it through these next few weeks...
Just 18 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment