Thursday, January 27, 2011

peace love & baseball

Hi Friends and Fam!
Let me just start by saying that as much as I complain about Riverside, I could totally get used to this weather... we havent seen weather below 75 in almost two weeks and we are loving it; also just so happens to be prime conditions for baseball! As you can imagine, our little fam is gearing up for baseball season and are very excited about it. (I'm attaching the link to Gavins schedule)... which got me thinking about the fact that basically every spring/summer of my life has revolved around this game! Between watching my brothers play growing up, watching my dad coach, watching my grandpa coach and now being able to watch both my husband and brother play college D1... I just cant seem to escape it!.... but I love it and its our "livelyhood."
I have had so much fun picking out outfits for Kenley for Gav's games as well... and by "picking out"... I mean "putting together." I have gotten VERY creative and I am so so so excited to show off my work. Not all of her little baseball tees are done yet but when they are I will be sure to post pics.
 Another thing I cant help but be excited about is a WAGON that I ordered!! sounds weird right? but let me explain! As many of you know we basically live on the same block as the baseball diamond where Gavin will be playing, so obviously we will be walking to his games (unless we are feeling super American one day and decide to drive 100 ft) haha. but anyway... I have been looking at "old-school"-tin-red Radio Flyer wagons to bring Kenley in to his games!! ... along with al of the stuff that I will need to keep her fed, warm, clean and occupied for nine innings of baseball. anyway, I ended up getting a great deal on one and had it "shipped to site".... didnt even have to pay shipping and will be picking it up at the end of next week. Obviously we will use it for other things too and one day Lu can pull all of her important stuff around in it! haha... but it really is the CUTEST! it is the original tin make with wood slats on the sides. its SO adorable and Im counting down the days until it gets here.
So speaking of Lil Miss Lu... she is just doing peachy and of course it wouldnt be a Mills blog post without a Kenley update! my oh my is this girl keeping her mama busy, however she makes up for it by continuing to still sleep her 12 hours straight. I really do not know what I would do without all of this sleep! When my friend Lauren came down and surprised me last week, we had a good cry in Starbucks the morning she left and I found myself saying..."Its almost like she knows that I have no help and that I never get a break... and thats why she is so good for me!!!!" (something like that inbetween all of the sobbing) LOL... I reallly do swear that I am going to look back on these days and wonder how I ever raised a baby without the help of family or friends. But as all of my fellow mommies know, somedays are better than others and some days, well... just arent! I really couldnt ask for a happier baby... she continues to make this so much fun and is still the "chillest" baby I know! I only say "chillest" because there are not words for that little girls demeanor... she just kinda hangs out!!!! ... definitely gets that from her pops :)
and speaking of my wonderful hubs... Gavin is still a huge help when he is here but as you all know, thats not often enough. I still miss him ALL day, and not just for the help :) This quarter of classes is going to be a little easier on him than last which is a relief for everyone with season starting up. We will be celebrating our two year anniversary the day after tomorrow (and by that I mean we went on our first REAL date) hehe... makes me all giddy just thinking about that day :)




Here is EXACTLY what the wagon looks like








well I hear a baby who wants out of her crib!
toodles xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment