Saturday, January 29, 2011

my sippy cuppin'-scootin' machine...

yah look at me!! two posts in two days?!? ya thats right... Im a blogging fool!! I forgot to mention a couple things in my last post... First and foremost... I finished my transcripion course with an 85% !!! How did I forget to mention that?? I just got my final grade and my diploma should be here any day now... so relieved and excited to start working. The class became totally tedious at times so I am just hoping that the work proves to be a little bit more interesting and involved. I have already started the application process for one company which looks like the perfect position for me. I completed my resume the day before yesterday so I am looking foward to seeing if I can pass their "test" and get to put my new skills to work.
My other announcement was that I am doing to start posting my DIY projects, baby food recipes (and normal recipes) that I have attempted... rate them, and then get back to you! I will also be posting some of the other baby "projects" I am in the middle of and also will be share my new attempts at gardening.
We have limited space on the side of our little home where I would like to experiment.
And is it possible that I have a Kenley update even as of yesterday?? why yes... that is totally possible. She is SOOOOO close to crawling. I am totally not pushing it though, and knowing me I will be baby proofing at the very last second. So yesterday she got herself up on her hands and knees, looking like she was going to scoot and then WHAM!! face-planted right into our new area rug (which is not soft and cuddly btw). wow, it was the saddest thing ever. Seeing her cry from pain broke.... my..... heart.....
On a happier note... after a couple days of trying to introduce a sippy cup she has totally got the hang of it and loves her water. Im trying to drink more water as well so the sippy cup has been a helpful reminder for us both ;)
She has also started doing the most HILARIOUS thing ever. She has started getting COMPLETELY attatched to my hip. The past week she just reallly does not want to leave my side! While that may seem very comforting, it also makes getting things done around the house near impossible. So NOW... when I go to pick her up from wherever she is sitting she PATS MY BACK!!!!!!! hahaha omygosh I am laughing just thinking about it. Its like "hey thanks mom, your doing a good job"...
soooo... tomorrow is Saturday and Lu and I are going to the downtown farmers market for some fresh produce. I already have a list ready for my "recipes to try". Simply put, I have officially come to LOVE cooking. It has become therapy for me and is one of my very favorite parts of the day.... cant wait to share all I have learned!
You know what else is therapy?? A good laugh. even better?? a good laugh at a good stand-up comedy show. I went on Wednesday night with some girlfriends I have met here to a comedy club in Ontario (about 20 min from R'side). There were 9 different comedians who all showed up on their own time to "Curse for a Cure" (a cancer benifit). My prudey self found some of the comedians way too crude and too much cussing can just get down right annoying... right? expand your vocabulary people!!! but other than that.. it was so fun to get out and most of the comedians kept it pretty PG 13 lol... wow I am such a mother.
So if Wednesday night is comedy night then tuesday night is ALWAYS tacos. It has become tradition for us and three of Gavins teammates to always go to this little Mexican food place for tacos on Tuesdays.... also a nice break in the week and could ALSO be considered a stand-up comedy act... those boys are hilarious and are SO cute with Kenley. All of his teammates love her and call her the mascot LOL
ok well this old lady is calling it a night. after farmers market tomorrow, baby girl and I are going to Uncle Michaels innersquad game in Pomona and going as his "family" to his meet & greet bbq to kick off the season. I dunno why I put family in quotes... since we are family... duhhhh but like Gavs team, most of Michaels teammates are from so-cal so they will most likely be lucky enough to have their parents there. I thought it was so sweet of Mike to even ask... and like I say all the time, I have NO idea how I would survive down here without him.
thought I would attatch a video and a few pictures too.

food for thought : "being pregnant does not make you an obstetrician and having a child does not make you an expert in pediatrics."

P.S. just booked our flight and will be in Napa Feb 23-March 1 for Gavins series vs Sac State!!!
counting down the days!!!


she looks super uninterested in the video but she LOVES scout... oh technology!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica and Gavin, this is a great way to show nana kenleys most recent and adorable photos. Keep them coming. I know u r really busy. U guys r the best. Best of luck to Gavin in the upcoming season.
    Lots of love!!!
    Aunt maryanne

    ReplyDelete