Thursday, November 11, 2010

... hard to blog without a computer!

SHES BACK! ... finally! After almost three weeks without a computer, its finally fixed and I can keep on pluggin along in my online class and blog of course :) The last time I did a post, we had just moved in... I cant believe we have been here for almost two months now. Not a whole lot has changed other than just becoming more adjusted, making new friends, doing my best to keepin touch with old ones and we have had lots of visitors on the weekends. It has meant a lot to me that so many friends/family have been willing to make the drive/flight to come keep me company. I DEFINITELY do not take human interaciton for granted these days. Sometimes I think Im going crazy! I have recently found myself talking to, well... myself. haha!
However, I am so so grateful that I can be a mommy that is home with my baby all day and that I dont have to give her up during the day and be working out of the house. The two of us walk almost every morning, most of the time with a group of girls and their little boys that live in family housing as well. We spend the rest of the day cleaning, reading, playing, going to the park, and cooking. And then while Kenley naps, I do my work. When Gavin gets home from class/practice I do a little more work and THEN usually Kenley is ready to go down for bed about 8 ish and then mommy and daddy get some time together :)
I totally miss Gavin during the day but he is working so hard!! He is out the door SO early and makes it home just in time for dinner. The teams weight lifting regiment is CRAZY hard, and I dont think he has gone one day without being extremely sore. I am so proud of him being able to juggle all of this. He is seriously my hero and I would not be able to do any of this without him.
This weekend, I will be spending my first night away from Kenley... which will be totally bitter sweet. I am going to Vegas for the weekend with my good friend Katie and a group of our girl friends from Sacramento. Gavins parents are coming down from Cloverdale for the weekend to stay with Kenley and Gav while mama gets a little break! I am so looking foward to relaxing for a couple days and seeing some of my very favorite girls but I know I am going to miss my little fam terribly!
Speaking of fam... only 2 weeks until we are coming up to nor cal for Thanksgiving!! I am so excited to be going home and cannot WAIT to see everyone. I have been pretty homesick and someone might have to physically put me back in the car to get me to come back down here. haha only kidding, but it will be SO nice to be home and I am basically counting down the days. Except one minor detail... Kenley HATES the car these days and an 8 hour drive both ways could get a little hectic! But we are going to do most of our driving at night to both avoid traffic and in hopes that baby girl will sleep most of the way.
well Im sorry there wasnt anything to exciting about this post and I hope people are still reading and Im not just typing for my own good!! haha MISS YOU ALL xoxo
Jess

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!!! A POST! where are the videos?? I want to see pictures and videos please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenley is so stinkin adorable!! We miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete